How Israel will be Blessed and be a Blessing!
WHAT SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE
Many Christians are very familiar with the End-time teaching known as ‘the Pre-tribulation Rapture’ theory. One aspect is that the true Believers will be raptured, (resurrected) and caught away to Heaven by Jesus in a sudden act. Only Jews who are Believers in Jesus will be taken, while those left will suddenly understand who Jesus is, and although they will go through years of tribulation, they will evangelise the world, ready for the ‘2nd part of the Second Coming of Jesus in Victory and glory. All the Believers not taken in the ‘1st rapture’ will then be resurrected, and join all the other saints in the Millennial Reign of Jesus. [Note; there are some variations to these beliefs. This writer’s & other’s ideas can discussed in other papers. David Pawson’s recent book “When Jesus Returns” is one.]
SOME of OUR BASIC BACKGROUND BELIEFS
I plead with you to check these out!
1. God is ONE – Jesus is one with God, He is ‘the Face of God’. (John 14: 9.)
2. We look forward to the ‘Second Coming of Jesus’ as a certain fact of Scripture.
3. Scripture teaches only ONE future Resurrection Day for Christians/Believers.
4. We accept that ‘the Gospel of the Kingdom’ –full salvation in Jesus –“must be made known in all the world, and then ‘the End’ will come.” (Matthew 24:14, Mark 13:10.)
5. Messiah Jesus only has ONE BODY/ Bride, Olive Tree, -all true Believers in Him!
6. God’s intention has always been to make Israel a blessing to the Nations. [He has already done this through His Word, His Son, Yeshua, & through His true Church.]
7. Restoring the Jewish people to Himself as Saviour & Messiah before they see Him has to be by faith and repentance. “Without faith it is impossible to please God.”
8. When Israel/ Jewish people have accepted God’s New Covenant, (Jeremiah 31) and have all become true Believers, then they will be able to be a blessing on the Earth, as His holy People. [Many Scriptures say this –Ezekiel 36:23, Rom.11:12–15.]
Isaiah 19:23 –25 says that Egypt, & Assyria “will also be a blessing on the Earth”!
HOW A JEWISH EVANGELIST IN ISRAEL EXPLAINS THIS [Asher Intrater]
“We believe that revival & restoration in Israel will promote life & growth in the Kingdom of God everywhere in the world.” Romans 11; 15, “For if [Israel’s] casting Yeshua aside means reconciliation for the world, what will their accepting Him mean? It will be life from the dead!” [Jewish N.T.]
“Although this mandate for revival in Israel is faced with great challenges & difficulties, the Scripture tells us that this revival is sure to come to pass.” Romans 11: 26, “ All Israel will be saved.”
“We take this to mean that there will be a great sweep of evangelism and outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Israel, leading up to the Coming of Yeshua.” Ezekiel 39: 27-29, “I will show Myself holy – through them in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I AM Adonai their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own Land, not leaving any behind.
will no longer hide MY FACE from them, for I will pour out MY SPIRIT
on the house of Israel, declares the SOVEREIGN LORD.” [This
Scripture added by S. Hogan.]
[Taken from the web-site: www.revive-israel.org Asher Intrater’s web-site.]
ALL THIS REPRESENTS A DIFFERENT WAY OF THINKING
1. Something BIG will need to happen to Israel, after all these centuries to make them call on and believe in Yeshua. (This has to be individually, but as a whole.) Paul said, “Whoever calls on the Name of the LORD will be saved.” (Romans 11) and Jesus said, “For I tell you, from now on, you will not see Me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the Name of ADONAI.’ “ [The LORD.] Matthew 23: 39.
2. I believe the time will be as described in Ezekiel 38 & 39, when Israel will come under such enormous threat that they think that are going to be annihilated (but they will NOT be hurt at all!) The threat will fulfil Jeremiah 30: 1 –24!
3. This chapter has a verse which is often quoted; “ It will be the time of Jacob’s trouble”, yet the rest of the verse says, “he will be delivered out of it.” There is no indication that this means years of ‘tribulation’. It refers to the first Jacob in Genesis 32, when he was returning to his homeland but in verses 7 & 11 it is clear he was terrified of his brother. BUT he had a one night serious encounter with God! And it was from then on that the new, special name of ‘ISRAEL’ was given! The encounter in the near future which the people of Israel will face will cause them to be terrified because of the threat! But this will cause then to finally call on God in true repentance & faith, with mourning. (Zech. 12: 10 –13:2.) Then they will become a real ‘ISRAEL’ –people of GOD, when the look TO Yeshua in faith, (not by physical sight). Jacob called this place, ‘Pini-el’ = ‘Face of God’. When the Jews call on Yeshua to save them, they will see who Yeshua is- God “will no longer hide His FACE, [Jesus] from them!” [Compare Psalm 27: 7-9, & Ps. 80: 3,7, & 19!]
4. Notice that this will mean destruction for the enemy in a sovereign act of God giving Israel complete deliverance from the threat of annihilation!
5. If this is soon, in this world before the Coming of Jesus, it will mean:
a) They will then become a HOLY nation, of God’s light & glory on them! Isaiah 60:1-3
b) They will be given all the Land God promised in the Tanakh/ O.T. See Amos 9: 15!
6. The very serious events of Ezekiel 38 & 39 will however, trigger the world’s worst economic collapse ever seen. Anarchy will break out all over the world, which will be exactly the best time for the False-Messiah/ Anti-christ to offer to take over the whole world! He will be backed by the one world religious federation, led by a false prophet. (Revelation chapter 13, etc.)
7. The Antichrist will make a ‘covenant’ (treaty) with all the nations of the world, Daniel 7: 27). Then after a short time for everyone to receive the mark, (except true Believers), the terrible time of ‘Tribulation’ will start. During the short time of setting up his evil system, New Jewish Believers, (with Christians) will spread the news of the Gospel to every nation where they have been in the ‘Diaspora’.
8. However, I believe that The Antichrist will make a separate ‘treaty’ with Israel, allowing them all the Land God promised them, & giving them permission to rebuild the Temple on the (cleared) Temple Mount. This will be on the condition that every Jew, (who also will refuse to take ‘the mark’), around the world must return to Israel. It will be a ‘great EXODUS’. ( Isaiah 11: 11- 16, & 14:1, Jer. 16: 14 & 15)
9. This will bring great GLORY to God, in this evil world like it is, He has promised, (67 times in Ezekiel) “Then they will know that I AM the Sovereign LORD”.
SO THERE WILL BE A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISRAEL & THE WORLD!
A NEW RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CHRISTIANS & NEW MESSIANIC JEWS.
1. At this time some Gentile Christians will lose their faith, many will be soon plunged into suffering in the Tribulation, & some will say to Jewish friends “Can we come with you,” (because it is clear they are going somewhere- i.e. to Israel). The reason they give confirms my belief that Jews are now Believers in Yeshua, because people add- “because God is with you.”- That is ‘IMMANUEL’ ! (Zechariah 8: 23, Isaiah 14: 1 b)
2. It also seems that this will be the time when Israel will become the only “sheep Nation” in the world. – But, as a nation, ministering to the destitute true Christians suffering for their faith; ‘hungry, naked or in prison’, -but true ‘Brothers of Yeshua’, “The rest of the children” of the woman, as in Revelation 12: 17 “who obey God’s commands and bear witness to Yeshua.” These are clearly end-time true Christians.
3. Israel will not be evangelists, as once people have taken the mark of the False Messiah – they MUST worship him, only. The full number of the Gentiles who are God’s spirit-marked children, (& known only to God), will have been completed, at the time the Antichrist gives each one the choice of taking his mark. This is also the time when the Jews have recognised Yeshua and “all Israel is saved.” Romans 11: 26.
4. In Revelation 7: the 144,000 Jews are simply called ‘servants’. Perhaps they are the ‘social work out-reach teams’ who minister to the persecuted brothers of Jesus?
Yes, it refers to Israel at this time as ‘remnant’. It seems 20 million Jews at this time ARE a remnant, compared with the 350 million Arab descendants of Abraham!
5. It seems the rebuilding of the Temple on the Temple Mount will become a real focus of many tourists, who will come in large numbers, ‘tramping’ over the beautiful city of Jerusalem during the time of Antichrist’s reign. After 3.5 years he will be so jealous and angry at this that he will install his statue, (Rev.13:15) in the Temple & demand to be worshipped there as god! (2 Thess. 2: 4. Daniel 9: 27, Matthew 24:15.). Believers near the Temple will know to flee from this area to the hills.
6. The 3.5 years of Tribulation will end when the 2 Witnesses, who have been proclaiming God’s truth in the city of Jerusalem, are killed and after 3 days rise to Heaven. (Rev. 11: 1 –13.) During the 42 months of their ministry, we believe, that like Moses & Aaron they will harmonise with the punishments, depicted by the blowing of the 1st 5 Shofars. (Rev.8 & 9: 1 –11.) The Earthquake which affects 1 tenth of Jerusalem, killing 7000, maybe punishment on unbelievers who should not be there?
7. The Bowl judgements trigger the final judgements of God on the Earth, (different from the Tribulation), but from the time of the 5th trumpet, it seems those Christians who have suffered will be sovereignly protected. (Rev. 9: 4 & 16: 2.)
8. Finally, at last -Yeshua/ Jesus/ Isa will return to Earth in Glory for all His Own!
THESE NOTES mainly refer to Israel and true Christians, in the future, so giving us guidelines of comfort for God’s people who have suffered so much. Surely the time to PRAY BELIEVINGLY is now! GOD WILL VINDICATE HIMSELF THROUGH ISRAEL!
REMEMBER THAT GOD CARES ABOUT
ALL PEOPLE WHO TRUST IN HIM,
NO MATTER WHAT THEIR ETHNIC BACKGROUND IS!
THIS TIME WE ARE ASKED TO "PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM",
MAY THOSE WHO LOVE YOU BE SECURE,
MAY THERE BE PEACE WITHIN YOUR WALLS,
AND SECURITY WITHIN YOUR CITADELS.
FOR THE SAKE OF MY BROTHERS AND FRIENDS, I WILL SAY;
‘PEACE BE WITHIN YOU’.
FOR THE SAKE OF THE HOUSE OF THE LORD OUR GOD,
I WILL SEEK YOUR PROSPERITY.”
(Psalm/ Tehillim 122; 6 – 9)
see, not only will Israel be blessed but all those who love her
for the sake of the LORD OUR GOD.]